Sunday, February 28, 2016

Leap Year

              So, this year is a leap year, which means one more day of February, which then leads to an extra day of the year.

             Now I'm not fully aware of the point of leap years. I mean according to Google, it's used as a corrective day, because after four years it takes an extra day for the earth to orbit around the sun. But truthfully who really, like really, cares whether the earth orbits the sun in 365 or 366 days?

             It totally could just be me, but leap year seems pretty useless. I supposed after a lot of years the years would be thrown off, but then why, of all months, add the day to February? Like, yes, February does have the least days of all the months. But why does February have so few days? It's kind of just like, hey people who made the calendar, take a day off of two of the months that have 31 days and give it to February, then just add the leap day to the end of the year rather than some random month of the year.

              I do suppose it's a little late to change the calendar now, but still, what can you do?  
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


4 comments:

  1. Today is my great uncles birthday. So he actually gets to celebrate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't actually know any one who has a birthday on leap day but I always hear about how they get some gifts meant for like five year olds.

      Delete
    2. I never heard of that.. But that's cool/funny

      Delete
    3. I never heard of that.. But that's cool/funny

      Delete